5K and 10K Time Trials (MAP HERE) AND
22K and 44K Road Race (MAP HERE)
Sunday, September 16
Entry Deadline: September 2
Lake Stanley Draper Marina
8301 SE 104th. Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73165
5K Time Trials all Divisions
10K Time Trial all Divisions
22K Road Race all Divisions
44K Road Race all Divisions
Standard, Recumbent, Paralympic Upright, Paralympic Handbike, Paralympic Tandem, Paralympic Tricycle
8:00 am 22 K and 44 K Road Race
12:00 pm 5 K Time Trial
1:00 pm 10K Time Trial
Check In: 7:00 am for 22 K and 44K Road Races; and 11:00 am for both Time Trial.
1. Cyclists must provide their own bicycles and helmets.
2. All bicycles must be certified by race officials prior to the competition.
1. Starting times for the time trials will be at equal intervals at one minute. No allowances will be made for mishaps, mechanical or otherwise.
2. Starting order for the time trials will be from youngest to oldest starting with males and ending with females.
3. Time Trials Recumbent division will begin following the oldest female rider of the standard Time Trials. Starting order will be from youngest to oldest starting with males and ending with females.
4. If a rider appears later than the appointed starting time, the start will be allowed only to the extent that in the judgment of the officials it does not interfere with other riders starting on schedule. If it does interfere, the rider may be further delayed. In case of a late start, the appointed starting time shall be used in computing results.
5. The start sheet with the starting order and appointed starting times will be available for the rider’s perusal at least one hour before the start of each event. 6. The road races will be a staggered start by age divisions, youngest male divisions to oldest female divisions. The Event Director reserves the right to combine divisions as necessary.
1. All cycling events will be conducted in accordance with U.S.A Cycling rules,
except as modified herein. For a copy of these rules, visit or contact:
210 USA Cycling Point, Suite 100
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
2. Helmets are mandatory (Ansi or Snell approved with sticker affixed).
3. Multi-gear (free wheel) bikes with front and rear brakes are required. Fixed gear bicycles are not permitted. All bicycles must be certified by race officials prior to the competition.
4. There may be no protective shield, faring, or other device on any part of the bicycle (including, but not limited to, the frame, wheels, handlebars, chainwheel or accessories) that has the effect of reducing air resistance, except those allowed by the USAC. Motors are not permitted in any classification.
5. If in doubt about your qualification, check for an official ruling from the chief referee before your appointed starting time. Once the clock begins, your time is running and will not be adjusted.
6. In time trial events, the rider shall be held by an official at the start, but shall be neither restrained nor pushed.
7. Riders must stay to the right except when overtaking another rider. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
8. In time trial events, no rider shall take pace behind another rider closer than 25 meters (80 feet) ahead, or two meters (seven feet) to the side. A rider who is observed taking pace shall receive a time penalty.
9. No restarts are permitted.
10. Clipon handlebars are not allowed in the Road Race.
11. Race event results will be posted. Finishing place may be challenged up to 15 minutes after posting. If there is an adjustment, 15 minutes will again be allowed before the final places are declared.
NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES QUALIFYING RULES
1. All finishers placing first through fourth place at the 2018 Oklahoma Senior Games shall qualify for the 2019 National Senior Games in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
2. Paralympic, Recumbent and Enclosed Recumbent are not National Senior Games qualifying events.
3. Athletes qualifying in a Time Trial event at the 2018 Oklahoma Senior Games event, may compete in either or both Time Trial event at the 2019 National Senior Games in Albuquerque, New Mexico
National Senior Games. Athletes qualifying in either Road Race events at the 2018 Oklahoma Senior Games event, may compete in either or both Road Race events at the 2019 National Senior Games in Albuquerque, New Mexico.